Thursday, April 19, 2007

WOMAN Challenge

This May the US Department of Health and Human Services along with the Office on Women's Health is issuing a challenge. An eight week walking challenge for better health. It begins on Mother's Day and runs to July 8th. They are even offering a free pedometer to help us out--freebies are good.

We are encouraged to walk 10,000 steps or get 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day. Once you sign up you can use the site to track your progress, make goals, get health tips, etc. It's pretty cool!I am in need of some exercise and this may be the perfect kick in the pants I need to get back in the game.

You can participate as an individual or as a team. Anybody wanna form a team? I'll be the team lead/coordinator...

Hit the website and sign up. what could you possibly lose? Pounds? I can only hope I do....

http://womanshealth.gov/woman/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I may just have to kick off my exercise program with this incentive.