Saturday, April 14, 2007

Best Cheese Fondue

Although I told myself I wouldn't post on the weekends I've decided to get this short one out there before I forget. Posting it yesterday as I'd planned was just too much to think about--I think the awful weather put me in a little funk.

The other day I made cheese fondue. Eating it posed a slight problem because Maggie wanted to get her hands in the Sterno flame, in the pot of hot cheese or ahold of anything she shouldn't have. Next time I'll plan for a late dinner after we have put her to bed.

This is by far the best cheese fondue recipe I've ever tasted. It came from my cousin Emily who happens to be an awesome cook. I half the recipe for the two of us.





Cheese Fondue

1 3/4 C chicken broth
1 clove garlic
2 C swiss cheese, grated
2 C monterey jack cheese, grated
3 T cornstarch
3/4 t salt (to taste)
1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
pinch of ground pepper
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 C chicken broth

Combine in a double broiler chicken broth and garlic. When hot add and stir in cheese until melted. Take all other ingredients and mix together until smooth then add to cheese mixture and heat through. Cube loaf of bread for dipping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering. Is this in the cookbook Emily gave us?