Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Moms Night

In January we instituted one night a week for me. Every Tuesday night I get to do whatever I want. For the month of February I went to a beginning knitting class. Sometimes I go to a Mommy n Me activity for moms only, sometimes I go to a church activity. I've decided this is a must--a MUST--to stay sane.

I understand this is not something many men do or have done. As my family tells me often, I'm lucky. To my husband who actually suggested it, I say THANK YOU.

Last night Patrick made his famous homemade pizza. So tasty. I wanted to get a pic before we ate but...oh well. Here's a pic of the pizza on our well-worn pizza stone.

Then my wonderful husband took Maggie for the night and let me hide away in our office to do "whatever" which turned out to be scrapbooking and collage making (I made my visualization board per The Secret--but that's a story for another blog). He brought her in at 7:30 freshly bathed and in her pjs for kisses. Even one night a week away from dinner/play/bathtime duty really makes all the difference.

No comments: