Thursday, April 26, 2007

The High Desert

It's dry in Colorado. Very dry. The locals call this area a "high desert" and warn us to use plenty of Chapstick.

Since I've instituted "bath time" as part of Maggie's evening routine from birth, she doesn't understand it's sleepy time without one (ugh, thank you Baby Whisperer). That can be rough on a new baby's soft skin. The best solution I've found, by far, is a good over all lotion and ointment for extra dry spots.

I really love a shea butter lotion and Huggies smells SO good!




I also use Aquaphor Healing Ointment for Maggie's knees, elbows and cheeks. She's always soft.








Maggie getting lotioned up after bathtime:

1 comment:

Ashby said...

I love Huggies Shea Butter! Those are the only wipes I use! I'll have to try the lotion though. Brooklyn has had some DRY cheeks here in AZ. I'll have to check out the baby Aquaphor too!