Monday, April 2, 2007

Weekend Round Up:


We had a very busy weekend! Now that Maggie is a crawling fool it has almost instantaneously changed our lives. She's into everything and since we have hardwood flooring she's knocking her noggin a lot and crying--more attention than anything. She's also pulling herself up on everything and teetering around.



After a long morning at the Subaru dealership in Boulder (we didn't find anything that we liked), I spent most of Saturday taping and then painting our guest bathroom (Maggie's bathroom) a very pretty shade of blue. (Although that will probably upset my friend Karla who strongly advised against painting any of my bathrooms blue.) Patrick was nice enough to care for Maggie during what turned out to be a very long ordeal--somewhere just over 3 hours. Once I get the new hardware installed, pictures hung, and tape removed I'll try to post a picture.
Patrick then stepped up for another long evening with Maggie while I made some homemade strawberry ice cream. Now, if you have a Kitchenaid mixer I cannot recommend strongly enough the ice cream attachment. I love mine! The ice cream was excellent and the perfect dessert for our burgers and dogs right off the grill. Now that the weather is warming up I plan to put that puppy to good use.




This weekend was conference and I have every intention of watching the Sunday sessions. I went to turn it on and couldn't find it! We've always had conference televised here in Longmont and I've never had any trouble. I spent 20 minutes Sunday morning going from channel 2 all the way up to the 900's which no luck! I was so disgusted I turned the remote over to my loving husband who attempted to look himself for about 20 minutes. I decided to paint the second coat of blue in Maggie's bathroom. After the first session was over I called my good friends Micaela and Ammon who told me yes, they have Comcast cable and it was on channel 232. Well, when the second session was to start I turned on the tv only to realise...we don't have a channel 232. So I gave up. Took Maggie for a walk instead. That was lovely--beautiful day.

After we put Maggie to sleep on Sunday night we curled up in our bed and watched some Law & Order we'd recorded on our DVR. Probably not the best choice in shows right before bedtime.

No comments: