Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Easter Plans

Every Easter season that I can remember, my mother sat all of her children down at the kitchen table to decorate eggs. She labored over the sink to carefully blow out one egg after another. (now that I’ve attempted blowing out my own eggs I really appreciate what she did!) I still have a small handful of my childhood eggs that have survived the years and are now proudly displayed in our front room. I have every intention of keeping up that tradition with my fledgling family. Saturday will be the day. The April edition of Martha Stewart Living magazine had some new and exciting ideas.

I'll be attempting a "Dripped-On" egg:




In an effort to make this interesting and meaningful for Patrick I was able to find an egg that would represent him. He has an amazing stamp collection and he can now decoupage some of the "throw aways" onto an egg! I'm more excited for this one than any other.





I’ve already hit Michaels for supplies. Silly me, I actually called them wondering if they carried Mod Podge. Apprently, this is standard crafty-person fare. The lady must have rolled her eyes when I asked. Anyway, I’m stocked up and ready to go. I have dye, rubber cement, stamps, and my fresh new bottle of Mod Podge. This should be good.

Egg decorating in another fashion will also be on the itinerary. Cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Easter cookies look so yummy! I am making some tomorrow. Love, J.