Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Review: Guest Prep

We finally had a mild, somewhat relaxing weekend hanging out at home. My mom and sister, Ellen, are coming into town today so we spent our time preparing for them. I think looming guests are the only motivation to clean my house! I get the basics done but put off almost everything else until my secret messes are threatened with exposure and then I clean up.

Both Saturday and Sunday were unusually warm and gorgeous. Everybody was out which made our obligatory trip to Lowes for household needs (we had more than one repair need that I had conveniently ignored until the last minute) that much more crazy.

Here's Maggie hanging out in the backyard on Saturday. Notice the weeds in our rock beds....um, they have been plucked up just in time to make it look, to our guests, like we're always on top of our weeding...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is growing up to such a big girl, on her way to toddlerhood! I can't believe it.

Anonymous said...

she is so adorable!!!!! Oh my goodness! I love her so much. you need to come and visit. Love you!

-Ruby