Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Round Up: Breast Cancer Walk

Yet another busy weekend. Oh the days of old--waking up at 10am, greasy breakfasts, hitting the gym, staying up late. ...at the MOVIES! I do miss the movies...

First, Maggie finally started saying "mama" but of course not exactly to me. Just in babble...I'll take it.


Saturday morning was the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K walk down in Denver I signed up to do. It was a really great time. Since I signed up kind of last minute I didn't have time to put together a team and fund raise but I plan on doing it next year. So anyone who lives near me be warned--I'm going to recruit you next time around! Here's a picture of me walking the course and one of me right after I crossed the finish.



Here's a picture of what Maggie does to the outlet covers when I take them out to vacuum or plug something else in. Kind of a babyproofing vampire.


And...the binki has been reinstated. She doesn't need it and spits it out if offered to her during the night but I've started hearing her grind her teeth which gives me the chills! I'd rather have her suck the binki than crack her teeth together like that--it's like fingernails down a chalk board. She's taken to it like it was never missing.


Saturday night we watched a movie (Stranger than Fiction) and made a chocolate cake--yum.

Sunday was beautiful so while Patrick went to his bowling championships (or whatever it was) Maggie and I hit the park. The park is not a ton of fun yet since most of the time I'm either digging rocks, sand, or grass out of her mouth or swatting something out of her hand thats headed there.

2 comments:

love.boxes said...

Such a cutie! I hate that teeth grinding thing too! When my daughter did that, I wasn't sure what if anything to do about it. Luckily, she grew out of it before her permanent teeth came in.

Wonderful that you did that walk... that is a great cause. :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite photo is the one of her in the swing.
Way to walk for a cause! I admire you.