Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter Weekend

Oh, we had a truly great weekend! In spite of the weather (it actually snowed!), we were able to have our Easter festivities and enjoy ourselves.

Saturday was a bit hectic. We decorated our eggs and made sugar cookies and decorated those as well. Don't we look like we're having fun? I really wanted an egg for Maggie so we dipped it for her in pink dye and then let her play with it while her hands had paint on them.



Just as I predicted, my favorite thing was Patrick's Stamp Egg. Isn't it magnificent?? Actually, the picture does not do it justice.



Cookies turned out too!


After that we had to quickly clean ourselves (and our kitchen) up and head to a birthday party for little Adeline Crapo (one of Maggie's little friends). She was a super cute 1-year old.

That night was spent sitting on the couch vegging out to "The Sound of Music". Oh, my gosh I love that movie! It had been much too long since my last viewing. I must say, bravo Julie Andrews! Maggie was amazingly good and basically let us watch it relatively uninterrupted.

Maggie's good mood did NOT extend into the evening and we were up with her most of the night--for no good reason. We tried everything but she simply wasn't tired and wanted to play. I tried rocking her--she just pulled my hair or tried to wiggle out of my arms to play with her crib tassels. We tried letting her sleep with us. She just sat up and either poked our faces or slapped them. Good thing we had a very mellow Sunday!

2 comments:

Ashby said...

A Martha Stewart Easter! It looks amazing!!! And I love the stamp egg....what a cool idea!

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Gotta love Martha! I love that egg too. It's SO my husband. His stamp collection is amazing! The question becomes how to come up with a great egg idea for him NEXT year!