Thursday, April 12, 2007

Trip to the Library

Why the thought of an outing to our local library had not ever popped into my head is beyond me. I mean, I actually DID post on how much Maggie likes to read. Julie (over at Mom's Purse)suggested it yesterday. What a great idea that turned out to be. We'll be making this a regular activity.

We had a fantastic time. I love to read myself and before child I was an avid reader. I've read a total of one, yes just one book since giving birth (unless you count books on child care then I've read a BUNCH).

Here Maggie is exploring the tubs of board books. I tried to be discreet about taking pictures of her in the library because I'm pretty sure the lady closest to us rolled her eyes at me (silly first time mom).



On a kind of disgusting note, I was doing a diaper change after we had been home a while and I noticed Maggie's light pink socks here brown on top. I thought, "did she get into dirt somewhere I wasn't aware of??". Then it hit me--she had spent about 2 minutes TOPS crawling around the library and the thing that rubs the floor? The tops of her feet---eeewwww!

In fact, now that I look closely at the pictures you can see the dirt!

No comments: