Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
1. I love to read and have recently decided I truly use it as an escape--the characters and their lives saturate every facet of my life while I'm reading their story.
2. Patrick added this fact: I'm a better cook than I think I am. This might be his attempt to get me to cook for him more. Poor guy does most of the family cooking.
3. I've not worked since moving to CO so I bet most of my every day associates don't know that I graduated with a degree in finance and worked in the tech industry as an analyst before becoming a SAHM. Now I just putz about and attend Mommy & Me events.
4. My two front teeth were broken in a small playground accident when I was quite young and I've had veneers/crowns since. I wonder what my smile would have looked like with my natural teeth.
5. I obsessively q-tip my ears. Always have. My mother obsessively warns me not to. I obsessively q-tip Maggie's ears now too. She loves it. And my mom warns me not too.
6. I've recently discovered what, apparently, everyone else already knew about me--I'm a homebody. hm.
7. I love vampires. Anything to do with vampires will draw me in. Yes, that makes me an unabashed FAN of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There, I said it.
8. I despise surprises. I truly do.
9. I have a deep desire to write. Yes, a book. No, I won't. Ever. This makes me a little sad.
10. Most people know this about me but I rarely shave my legs which is not ok on any level because I'm extremely hairy.
11. Much to Karla's dismay, I eloped. In Reno. Classy. I don't regret avoiding the "all eyes on me" feeling, the big dress, etc. but I sometimes wish I'd had a beautiful cake and a fantastic photographer. But having a good marriage makes it all ok.
12. I have no patients for yoga and prefer faster, more intense forms of exercise which is odd considering how generally slow I prefer the rest of my life.
13. In high school I worked at a candy kiosk at the local mall--The Sugar Shack. (We had an old fashioned taffy pull.) This is where I developed and refined my sweet tooth. Every Halloween I buy all of my favorite candy bars in excess expecting lots of leftovers for me. As the kids come and the basket starts to empty I think to myself, "they're taking all of my candy!".
14. I'm hyper-sensitive and get my feelings hurt a whole lot.
15. My method of fighting with someone? The silent treatment. Julie tells me I've done this since I was a small child.
16. I have a dent in my left thigh. I don't know where it came from or what causes it. I can even find the dent through jeans--its big and obvious. I'm self-conscious of it when in a swim suit.
17. I almost always overreact.
18. I'm very cynical and have a hard time believing anything--especially if it involves statistics. If there's one little thing I learned from all my statistics classes in college it's that they are so terribly easy to manipulate.
19. Every time I go to the nail salon I think the Asian employees are talking about me.
20. I love everything about Sharpie markers. I love the smell most of all.
21. I take reusable bags to the grocery store and drive a gas guzzling SUV. I feel guilty about it.
22. I'm an embarrassing over-sharer. It gets worse if there's a lag in conversation.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Both of these would have worked for me. Oh, well. Another time.
Saturday was the big Ohio State vs. Michigan football game. You can breathe easy--the Buckeyes won. Later that day we headed to our neighbors house to celebrate Owens second birthday. Here he is with his mom (my walking partner Marisa) and his truck decorated cake.There were lots of people there yet all the good shots of Maggie are of her alone.
Sunday morning Maggie was looking so sweet in her little footy pj's. I turned on some music and picked her up to dance. She immediately curled up in my arms and nestled her head on my shoulder and let me dance her around the kitchen. Every time I twirled or dipped she would do a soft giggle or coo. Oh, my!! I was in heaven. It was so dang sweet!
Friday, November 16, 2007
Afterwards, Julie and I took the kids to the play area since it was quite clear they were not done playing.
This is such a sweet photo of Julie and Luke!
The play area was very crowded so Maggie ended up on one of the smaller, more boring "rocks" to avoid getting squished by the bigger and MUCH more aggressive kids.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I did finally manage her out of the pj's so we could meet Julie and Luke for a play date. So much fun!
Maggie zeroed in on the swing and spent most of the time in it. Julie was really great about letting her play in it. She even helped Maggie load up on stuffed animals too!
Here's Luke showing off his walking abilities.
And here he is asking Maggie to please get OUT of his swing and play.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Saturday, November 10, 2007
By the way, have you had the vegan pumpkin mousse from Whole Foods? Holy COW it's good. Even Patrick liked it! He said it put him in the mood for the upcoming Thanksgiving meal. Me too.
Patrick has now become obsessed with his stamp collection. Every time I turn around he's at the kitchen table working on it. Maggie bugs him a lot so we went to Target and got him a craft table to set up in his office....I'm a little worried he'll start blowing off meetings and work assignments to "stamp"....
With Patrick busy working on his stamps, Maggie is left to be entertained. She makes herself helpful in the kitchen.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Thursday, November 8, 2007
We let her drink out of our glass. She gets mad when it's my turn to have a sip. Don't ya love that shake mustache?
The recipe? Ha! Patrick NEVER uses recipes for anything. He dumps soft tofu, soy milk, banana, and whatever frozen or fresh fruit we have into the blender. It's very precise and scientific.