Wednesday, November 21, 2007

7 Things...Tagged

I had a hard time starting this...then I couldn't stop at 7. So here's a list of random facts about me.

1. I love to read and have recently decided I truly use it as an escape--the characters and their lives saturate every facet of my life while I'm reading their story.

2. Patrick added this fact: I'm a better cook than I think I am. This might be his attempt to get me to cook for him more. Poor guy does most of the family cooking.

3. I've not worked since moving to CO so I bet most of my every day associates don't know that I graduated with a degree in finance and worked in the tech industry as an analyst before becoming a SAHM. Now I just putz about and attend Mommy & Me events.

4. My two front teeth were broken in a small playground accident when I was quite young and I've had veneers/crowns since. I wonder what my smile would have looked like with my natural teeth.

5. I obsessively q-tip my ears. Always have. My mother obsessively warns me not to. I obsessively q-tip Maggie's ears now too. She loves it. And my mom warns me not too.

6. I've recently discovered what, apparently, everyone else already knew about me--I'm a homebody. hm.

7. I love vampires. Anything to do with vampires will draw me in. Yes, that makes me an unabashed FAN of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There, I said it.

8. I despise surprises. I truly do.

9. I have a deep desire to write. Yes, a book. No, I won't. Ever. This makes me a little sad.

10. Most people know this about me but I rarely shave my legs which is not ok on any level because I'm extremely hairy.

11. Much to Karla's dismay, I eloped. In Reno. Classy. I don't regret avoiding the "all eyes on me" feeling, the big dress, etc. but I sometimes wish I'd had a beautiful cake and a fantastic photographer. But having a good marriage makes it all ok.

12. I have no patients for yoga and prefer faster, more intense forms of exercise which is odd considering how generally slow I prefer the rest of my life.

13. In high school I worked at a candy kiosk at the local mall--The Sugar Shack. (We had an old fashioned taffy pull.) This is where I developed and refined my sweet tooth. Every Halloween I buy all of my favorite candy bars in excess expecting lots of leftovers for me. As the kids come and the basket starts to empty I think to myself, "they're taking all of my candy!".

14. I'm hyper-sensitive and get my feelings hurt a whole lot.

15. My method of fighting with someone? The silent treatment. Julie tells me I've done this since I was a small child.

16. I have a dent in my left thigh. I don't know where it came from or what causes it. I can even find the dent through jeans--its big and obvious. I'm self-conscious of it when in a swim suit.

17. I almost always overreact.
18. I'm very cynical and have a hard time believing anything--especially if it involves statistics. If there's one little thing I learned from all my statistics classes in college it's that they are so terribly easy to manipulate.

19. Every time I go to the nail salon I think the Asian employees are talking about me.

20. I love everything about Sharpie markers. I love the smell most of all.

21. I take reusable bags to the grocery store and drive a gas guzzling SUV. I feel guilty about it.

22. I'm an embarrassing over-sharer. It gets worse if there's a lag in conversation.

2 comments:

Karla said...

That was awesome! Wow, there are many things you "do" that I "do", too...one in particular, over-sharing. I embarrass myself often. Anyway, it was great to hear about you. You told me almost nothing new...which is good news! I still know you! :) Still wish you lived closer. I'd love to putz around with you any day.

Ashby said...

I loved your list! I think everyone needs to do a list of 22 like that. Now....tag 22 people! Just kidding!