Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Basement Play Room

We've wanted to finish our basement for some time now mostly to create a big room for Maggie to play in (destroy) without messing up the entire house. After getting a couple of ridiculously high estimates from contractors we've decided to put it off until spring-ish. As for now we've settled for this:

Now all we need is a big carpet remnant to lay under it all. So far she's taken to it and allowed me to work on the computer without much interruption.

In theory I can work out with Maggie playing (it's been arranged like this for 2 days and no workout quite yet). Not shown in the pic is a craft table with scrapbooking supplies, a laptop, my daily files, etc. Its nice to have a small space to work while Patrick works from home in our office upstairs--effectively banning me from it.

And here's a slideshow of me and Maggie playing around.








4 comments:

Emily S. said...

For being an "unfinished basement" it actually looks pretty "finished" to me :-). At least more than ours is. I am sure it will work out great and it will be nice to have a place that can stay messy without too much worry.

Karla said...

That is great that you have a place to destroy and not worry about. I wish I had that!

Karla said...

I LOVE the big grins Maggie is giving in a few of those photos! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the slide show. Love the basement idea. I'm going to be moving down to our basement soon. It is the warmest place in the house.