Saturday, November 10, 2007

Weekend Review: Parade Fun

We brought the tricycle our neighbors gave us into the house. Maggie is still a little small for it but she still hops on and walks it around the kitchen island.



Saturday morning we went to our town's Veterans Parade. It was VERY cool and had a good turn out. They had a black hawk helicopter and a couple of jets fly over. Maggie only caught the helicopter because it was so low (and slow). During the parade Patrick informed me that he could have (and was ASKED!) to participate and walk in the parade. Uh, hello! I didn't even know there was a parade until I read a local mom's blog! I was more than a little mad at him for not participating. Next year it's gonna be mandatory.


After running some errands we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas on tv while eating dinner. I thought it a bit odd that this was airing on tv a good three weeks before Thanksgiving but we enjoyed it all the same.

By the way, have you had the vegan pumpkin mousse from Whole Foods? Holy COW it's good. Even Patrick liked it! He said it put him in the mood for the upcoming Thanksgiving meal. Me too.


Patrick has now become obsessed with his stamp collection. Every time I turn around he's at the kitchen table working on it. Maggie bugs him a lot so we went to Target and got him a craft table to set up in his office....I'm a little worried he'll start blowing off meetings and work assignments to "stamp"....


With Patrick busy working on his stamps, Maggie is left to be entertained. She makes herself helpful in the kitchen.


2 comments:

Karla said...

Wow, the weather looks pretty gray and gloomy...you should be here with beautiful blue skies and highs in the 80s and lows in the 60s. (Do I sound like a "weatherman"? :)

Emily S. said...

You are the cutest family! I love to hear about all the things you do. I bet Pat has some great stories from is military days. Have you seen the WWII documentary yet?