Monday, November 19, 2007

Knitting Class

I signed up for a knitting class--Make Your Own Christmas Ornament--at a Boulder yarn store. I think if they had displayed a sample of the ornament I would NOT have signed up for the class.

This is the result:
I think my entire upper body was cramped up from the strain of working with what cannot possibly be called yarn, but thread, on super slippery aluminum needles. I came home in pain with cross eyes and a headache with two strange looking things I doubt I'll put on my tree...

I had visions of doing something like this:



Or this:



Both of these would have worked for me. Oh, well. Another time.

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

I think they look great (from what I can tell) and you must put them on the tree for memory's sake! The fact that you created them and stuck to it is something to be proud of.

...and Maggie looks so cute in the picture below. Can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

Diana, this post made me laugh out loud. I'm still laughing. Thanks for a good chuckle. I'm glad you posted about your hand-made ornaments. It's amazing what we will put ourselves through for something, that in the end, we don't even like. Part of life, I guess.

Karla said...

I think what you made is awesome! The other two projects look so cute, but are obviously a little more difficult to make - coming from a beginner knitter. So, give yourself a pat on the back and hang the ornaments on your tree (or where ever else will show them off) with pride! :)