Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Digital Scrapbooking

Last night Patrick took Maggie for the night while I hit a digital scrapbooking class. Since I don't own Photo Shop I had to download a 30 day trial (Photo Shop Elements).

I did find the class very informative and I can see the huge possibilities with this. Since I am creatively challenged, this program and the digital page elements you can download for free are a life saver. I like the clean lines, the fonts, etc. No manual cutting, gluing, etc.


We learned only a few basic tools--red eye reduction, basic cropping, layering papers and embellishments, and text.

Here's a VERY simple layout I made from the class using all the tools we discussed. I imagine how much more complex and beautiful the layouts can be to someone more skilled in digi-scrapping. Can't wait to play around with this!


4 comments:

Ashby said...

I love digital scrapbooking!!! We have to talk sometime! Dang I wish I lived closer so we could digi-scrap together!

MrsEm said...

PhotoShop is so fun once you get to know it! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love your first photo page from digi-scrapping. Turned out so cute.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a leap into the techno world. Photoshop is a great program! Do you have to use the Elements version to do the digi-scrapbooking? If you have iPhoto, you can do similar things and send it off to be printed and returned in a hard bound book. It's amazing and the easiest way to scrapbook with out having to really scrapbook!