Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What Maggie Is Up To

There is never a dull day with our Maggie around. We're perpetually amazed at what she says, does, acts like, etc. She cracks us up!

A few things Maggie is up to:

1. A little over a month ago I found Maggie had crawled up onto our kitchen table and was shaking our chandelier. Now that she's safely on the ground, I'm a little regretful that I grabbed her first instead of grabbing my camera for a quick shot.

2. Her vocabulary is skyrocketing: She stands at the door to our garage and says, "bye-bye, car, outside". She comes up to the laptop when I'm working and says, "Maggie" and points at the screen which means she wants to watch my YouTube videos of her. I love that she can tell me what food she wants to eat (and say "eat"). Mac n Cheese, yogurt, and bread top her list of requests. When she gets tired or upset she points to our cupboard and says, "binki? bottle?". Its like having an alarm telling me she needs her nap. Bath time is riddled with requests for "popcorn" (the primary song I Looked Out the Window and What Did I See?--she does all the actions but of course not for the camera).

3. She can reach door knobs now. She's up on her very tippy toes and can get the door shut but cannot figure out how to open it. This means she locks herself in all the closets, out of her room, and in the bathrooms

4. She helps: With laundry she moves one item of clothing at a time into the washer and from washer to dryer. It takes her forever but I let her since it's so darn cute. Being too young to understand what she's doing, I've made a game of "putting all the animals away" and she picks up all small animals and puts them, one at a time, into their storage bag.

5. Along with all the happy new developments come some problems as well. She struggles with wanting to do things she's not capable of and gets deeply frustrated. Here's a video of her simply freaking out. It's a 90 second sock-related melt down.



1 comment:

Karla said...

Wow! I bet it is so fun to see her learn, to speak, and most vital to your sanity and hers...to communicate! The video made Natalie empathetically cry.