Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Review: Talky-Talk

Friday morning was Itty Bitty City. What a madhouse that was! But it's hard to stay away when your child loves it all the same. Maggie discovered the joys of a big colorful parachute. I remember those as a kid!

She came home in the best mood.

The missionaries came for Discussion Number Two. Patrick was ready--had read the previous week's assigned reading, had good questions that I didn't even know the answers to. Maggie warmed up to them and ran around babbling the whole time.

Saturday was "organization" day. Oh, and eBay day too! I spent a lot of time organizing and Patrick is finally at the stage in his stamp collection to start selling and trading to upgrade--his collection is looking awesome! He Ebayed himself silly.

As I organized Maggie said her first two-word sentence! She brought me a book, held it out, and said, "Read it". So clear and distinct--I dropped my jaw. Sooooo cute! I guess she's sort of said a three word sentence the other day but it was more like three words smashed into one. I said "here ya go" and she said "herego". It's now getting nearly impossible to record all the developmental jumps she's making since it happens almost hourly. Crazy how fast it all goes.

Sunday's are pretty hard with the new schedule. 11am church is the absolute worst time block if you have kids (it was previously my favorite time). It sits smack dab in the middle of her nap and lunch. When I went to pick her up from nursery I kissed her and said, "I missed you." She responded with, "miss you". I melted. Here she is half way undressed after church. Those legs!

And, in case you're wondering, we're still sick. No kidding...but to be honest I really feel we're coming out of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel-baby in tights. So cute! Sounds like a fun and productive weekend.

Emily S. said...

That close up of her is too cute! She's growing up way too fast!

Unknown said...

Wow, a talking baby! How fun. Natalie is just starting to say some words and tries her hardest to say the rest. It is precious! I can't wait for her to get to Maggie's stage in communication!

Karla said...

Oops, "Michael" is me - Karla. Although the comments about Natalie probably gave that away!

Shuldberg Family said...

I can't believe she's talking so good. Colby still points and pulls me around.