Thursday, January 17, 2008

Save a Tree, Save a Conscience

One of my new years resolutions was to take one small step toward living "green" (what I refer to as personal responsibility). I like the idea of looking at myself as a member of a huge family who keeps her personal space clean, doesn't take more than I need, and is not unnecessarily wasteful.

Last year was reusable grocery bags and light bulbs (CFLs). That's been a big hit. This year I chose to save a tree. Notice how small and easy my changes are. It's not like I'm installing solar panels or growing hemp in my back yard to make clothes.

OptOutPrescreen.com: This joint venture of the three credit bureaus puts a stop to prescreened credit and insurance solicitations. Sign up to stop these for five years, or stop them permanently.

Direct Marketing Association: Stops direct mail marketing from association companies for five years.

It took all of 10 minutes. I feel so much better.

1 comment:

Ashby said...

Good call. I hate getting those things and then just throwing them away! Thanks for the links!