Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Review: Swimming Babe

Just when I start to feel like a giant slacker for spending my days playing with my daughter (and buying her toys at every turn), or using her nap time to catch up on my Judge Judy and Buffy reruns, I bust out a day like Friday! I triumphantly pack a weeks worth of household chores into one very productive morning. The stars align and Maggie decides she DOESN'T need to cling desperately to my leg and cry to be held. I miraculously have enough energy to drive the frenzy of tub and toilet scrubbing, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, etc. Sooooo satisfying.
Saturday morning was a slow start. Followed by a slow day in total. We took a trip to our lovely Boulder County Hazardous Waste Disposal place to drop off our old paint, paint thinner, etc.

Maggie crawled all over her toys and both of her parents as we spent some time watching golf. And then more hours than I care to admit to watching the SciFi channel and the most overwhelmingly bad movies. I took Maggie to the park while Patrick hit Lowes for some supplies. The water jets have finally been turned on and Maggie had a good time in the water. She cried when I put her in the stroller to come home.



Sunday was BBQ and pool day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a day like your Friday. Love the swimming suit. Where did you get it? I also love the thoughtful baby with one finger on the window.

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Swim suit was from Old Navy--they have a bunch of cute ones but WAY too many two pieces...for babies.
Thoughtful baby is, of course, looking at her dad fill up the pool.

Karla said...

I love the swim suit, too. Great color on Maggie. Isn't Old Navy the best! :)