Saturday, June 2, 2007

Weekend Review: Nice and Relaxing

Friday I planted and installed some planter boxes and Patrick set up the glider he ordered. The front porch looks so much better. Both came from Plow and Hearth.




Saturday morning was spent making peanut blossoms and Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie for a BBQ at our neighbors that night (Maggie caught up on her reading).Have I mentioned we have fantastic neighbors?? Good times.



I spent Saturday afternoon at the nursery and bought a couple of shrubs, a weeping cherry tree, and a blue spruce evergreen.


Ours, of course, are all much smaller/younger.

We sat around on Sunday after church and scrounged for food. Finally, a mild weekend.


4 comments:

Karla said...

Sounds like you had a very productive weekend! You need to take a picture of your front porch with the new items and planting creating.

Karla said...

Uhhh...I mean planting CREATION!

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Yes, a lovely weekend. One of the few that I haven't felt rushed and overwhelmed. I'll take a pic of the front of the house when the nursery comes out and plants the trees.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for all the fun photos! I am excited to come and sit in that glider. Perfect summer sit-fest. I made peanut blossoms this weekend too! Colors, shoes, and food cravings run in families. I doubled the batch and gave lots away, served them at the graduation dinner, and still managed to eat way too many.