Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Review: Father's Day

Our Father's Day weekend was really nice and relaxing. Slow and relaxing is Patrick's definition of a good weekend. Lots of ESPN. Maggie has gone from being very close and bonded to her father to being GLUED to him. There are little stars in her eyes every time he's around. I'm such an incidental compared to him.



Well, it's a darn good thing that being a father has come so naturally to him. He is the most loving and involved father I've ever known.




Maggie slept next to her DAD in the hospital after she was born--he didn't sleep but watched her breathe instead. He gave Maggie her first bath.



He's probably changed as many diapers as I have. Maybe more.


He gets up every single morning (even Father's Day), wakes up Maggie, feeds her breakfast, and watches The Wiggles with her while I sleep in. They have a morning routine.



Daddy's girl? Um, yeah...

5 comments:

Karla said...

Sounds like Pat the perfet daddy! We're so lucky to have such great men in our lives and the lives of our children!

Diana Beck McCarty said...

When I think about how close I was to choosing the WRONG marriage partner I'm that much more grateful for Pat!

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! Hats off to an amazing dad. Happy Father's day to Maggie's dad.

Anonymous said...

We are all so happy for Maggie....that she has Patrick for her Daddy! I've seen him in action...He's great!

Ashby said...

Any chance he's willing to teach my husband that morning routine??? What a GREAT daddy!