Friday, June 15, 2007

New Trees

Our two trees and 3 bushes are in. Ok, so they're very small and need to fill out but after three whole seasons of a barren wasteland for a yard, this is a huge deal.
Here is my adorable Colorado Blue Spruce. I have a bit of a crush on this adorable little tree. I'm thinking of giving him some friends...rose bushes of the shrub variety. He'll fill almost the entire rock bed eventually.

I may have a crush on my evergreen but my heart truly belongs to my teeny tiny weeping cherry. I literally go outside just to stare at it. I have no idea how I'll possibly make it to next spring to see it blossom.


So, the yard still has lots of empty space to fill. I know. But right now I'm enjoying our little hints of a happy yard.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Love the trees!

Anonymous said...

Looking good. I think its great that you're excited about your little shrub.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so fun to get trees and bushes. I remember the days when we had only grass front and back. Love your potted flowers hanging on the railing. Pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love your trees and porch plants. I just planted 10 new shrubs in my front yard...it really makes my house look nicer.