Monday, June 11, 2007

Real Simple

I still love Real Simple magazine but I'm starting to wonder if they have enough content for a monthly magazine. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it.

This month had a suggestion for cleaing the corn silk off the cob before cooking--a toothbrush. Am I the only one that thinks this is silly?

It's similar to the rediculous suggestion they had in May for putting your hair accessories on an old toilet paper roll. Who wants that tacky t.p. roll sitting out in plain sight with a bunch of hair ties and pins sticking out of it?



Are these suggestions really making our life Real Simple?

3 comments:

Book Lover said...

I agree with you! The toothbrush thing is laughable. "...and while you're at it, clean your kitchen sink with the toothbrush as well." I don't think a toilet paper roll is even convenient. What about the hair ties in the middle? Blueprint magazine had a equally ridiculous suggestion. Attach your chopsticks packaging to the inside of your notebook, and keep your pen in there. Ya, right.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that last post was me, but I guess I was not signed up as me.

Karla said...

I love your comments, Julie! Hilarious!