Monday, December 24, 2007

Weekend Review: Final Holiday Stretch

Friday was a very mild fifth anniversary. We hung out at home, put Maggie to bed, cracked open some sparkling fruit stuff (my attempt at celebrating the big day), and watched tv. We're so wild.

Saturday we tried to get as much cleaning done as possible. I hadn't lifted a finger since coming back from Utah (more feeling sorry for myself) and the house was getting bad. Real bad. We took a break to go out for lunch and I over stuffed myself with the biggest bacon cheese burger ever.

Maggie spent the night transfixed by her dad's slippers.


and his hairy legs

Sunday was great for Maggie, again. She just walked into that nursery like she owned the place and didn't even look back at me. I'm posting yet another picture of her in the poncho because it was the cause of a major traffic jam in the church halls with all the admiring comments. The poncho was a gift from my friend Samantha (thanks Sammy for the big hit).


And this is just the cutest picture ever of Maggie admiring the tree.

Sunday afternoon was lazy. Maggie was completely entranced by the Wizard of Oz on tv. I wrapped the last of the presents.

Then she played like mad with her daddy. He walked around with her on his shoulders...

...and then flipped her around.

4 comments:

Emily S. said...

I am jealous of your laid back relaxing weekend! Maggie's dress is adorable and that is the cutest picture by the tree. You should frame that and bring it out every Christmas. Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

She is so photogenic, I can't believe it. Sounds like a good weekend.

Karla said...

I agree, you should frame that pic of Maggie looking at the tree. Freaking adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is a prize winning photo of Maggie by the tree...what a wonderful little person she is!