Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Review

Christmas eve was spent with the Crapo's who fixed a lovely turkey and ham dinner. It was very nice and everyone had a great time. I was to bring stuffing. I make mine with lots of extras like wild rice, water chestnuts, dried cranberries, etc. Patrick was so sweet to put some on his plate even though I know he won't eat it--he's not an "extras" kind of guy.



Maggie spent much of her evening begging Micaela's sister to read. Oh, well. It kept her happy.


Christmas morning was, of course, very exciting. Maggie never did get the hang of opening gifts. She would get lost on one toy and not want to open another.

She did get some really cool stuff though. Here are some of the highlights:

She got some adorable vans from Natalie.

A beautiful little glass jar with her name painted in it from Samantha (she had it made while on a trip to China!).

The Mickey Mouse I rode as a child. It was the first thing she spotted as we came down the stairs and immediately started saying, "rocker, rocker, rocker".


A chair of her very own.

I got some beautiful earrings from Karla. And Patrick, again, hit the mark with some family videos (including my all time favorite Mary Poppins!).

We had a lovely Christmas breakfast. It's one of the few meals I make each year. Maggie had her first taste of german pancakes and loved them.

I put Maggie down for her nap and we had our first "fall" out of the crib. I thought we'd lucked out and she wasn't going to be a climber since all of her friends had done the "fall" much earlier. I could hear through the monitor that she had not gone directly to sleep and was babbling away (I'm sure about her big excitement that morning) and singing "E-I-E-I-O". I then heard her say "binki....binki" and then the THUD and crying. I ran in and found her on the floor inches from the binki she had climbed out to retrieve. Now what?? The mattress was at the lowest possible position so I'm not sure how to keep her in there.

Patrick went to work on a turkey dinner for that afternoon. We had our neighbors over for the meal and it was tons of fun.

After the meal it was packing time. We had to be out the door very early for our trip to Disney World in Florida!! I think I'll do a separate post dedicated to just that trip since this is awfully long on it's own.


Having Christmas day in our own home was so great. It was relaxing and peaceful. We had a great day as a family.

3 comments:

Karla said...

Christmas sounded grand! I bet you had fun at Disney World. When we went it would have been nice to have a kid. I'm sure Maggie enjoyed it all! Also glad you got your suitcase finally! That is such a HUGE fear of mine. Also glad that you weren't in AZ not telling me you were here. :)

Hope you have an awesome new year. We'll have to plan lots more trips to see each other this year ...another Mexico trip? Kids invited?!

Emily S. said...

That table was beautiful! Your Christmas sounded quiet and fun. We experienced the "fall" a couple of times and always wondered what to do. I think we tried just leaving the crib rail down so the child could have the option of getting out if they wanted to, putting pillows all over the floor, or else it might be time to move to a toddler bed! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love that Christmas sweater. Can we watch Mary Poppins together, when you come?