Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Review: Attempt at Christmas Joy

Christmas has just been hard this year. I'm not in the mood. But...I felt guilty and decided to buy and decorate a tree this weekend. It did actually help me get into the spirit of things.We went out on Saturday and picked a tree.

On Sunday Maggie had her first "nursery" experience at church. I took her in, sat down to wait out the mama-withdrawal that was inevitable. She hardly noticed I was there! The ladies finally told me to leave. I spent all of Gospel Doctrine and all of Relief Society staring at the door but no one came to get me with a crying girl. After church I found her happily playing with the other kids as if this was an everyday event.

That afternoon we decorated the tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. The photo of Maggie between the Christmas trees...she could be a model. Is that a poncho she is wearing in the photo with the big shoes? Thanks for all the fun pictures. I feel more in the Christmas spirit now too.

Karla said...

I wish we had room to put up a real tree...I'm jealous! I LOVE Maggie's poncho. So cute!

I just finalized my Christmas gifts for you and Maggie. Hopefully they will arrive in the next couple of days. I hate shopping on-line. there are WAY too many fun things to buy, it's so hard to choose. Please feel free to return any and all gifts you don't like. My feelings won't be hurt. Promise.

Emily S. said...

That is a lovely tree - I love the silver bows. I am sure Brian wants you to try to enjoy Christmas as much as you can...
I can't believe that Maggie is in nursery! You should thank your lucky stars that she went in so easy. Now take a deep breath, sit and enjoy gospel doctrine and RS. By this time next year - Sarah Jane will be in nursery too. :-)