Thursday, December 20, 2007

Learning to Feed Herself

I usually feed Maggie anything that requires a spoon. She never tries to grab the spoon or try to feed herself in any way and since I'm lazy and she stays much cleaner I just do it.
Last night I set her yogurt in front of her and let her at it. After getting her eye at first (that required a clean up since it was actually IN the eye) she did pretty darn well! I also gave her a cup with about 1.5 inch of water in it. She's an excellent drinker. I had to refill the cup several times and she only got a handful of drops on herself.



5 comments:

Emily S. said...

She did a great job! She's so adorable. My kids talk about cute she is too!

Anonymous said...

Such a big girl. I like how she tucks her toes under the high chair tray.

Karla said...

Wow, today was the first time she has fed herself all by herself?!?! Natalie practically has to feed herself otherwise she won't eat - way too independent. Maggie did a great job. I'm sure you will enjoy being able to do things while she eats...besides watch her! :)

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Don't get me wrong. I've given her opportunity to feed herself anything goopy--she just doesn't want to. She's like me. My husband and my family have all told me I'm like that. If there's some way I can get someone to do it for me I will.

Karla said...

I agree :) haha!