Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend Review: Memorial Day

I'll try to be brief...

Saturday our neighbors had a BBQ. Maggie wanted so desperately to play with the older kids she crawled all the way down that hill to join in.




She also loves our next door neighbor Jenny.

That afternoon I made the Martha Stewart cookie of the month. I don't have a pic so just picture what was basically a Nutella oreo. Pretty good but more effort than they're worth in my opinion. That night we melted into the couch with a movie and popcorn.

On Sunday I left Maggie with her dad and headed to church alone. I sat and listened and enjoyed the peace of it all. We had an early dinner with our friend who is moving back to California. I spent the night knitting washcloths while Patrick watched both the Cleveland Indians and the Cleveland Cavaliers win their games.


Maggie refused to take her morning nap on Monday so I thought taking a long walk would put her to sleep in the stroller. Instead she partied through the first hour--getting her first experience with a train--then fell asleep for the last 20 minutes.


Dinner on the grill: Martha Stewart Sour-Orange Grilled Chicken Paillards.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Looks like you had a really fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the weekend report. I love the photo of Maggie crawling down the hill to be with the kids.