Monday, May 21, 2007

Tagged: Favorite Places to Eat in....Longmont.

**Ok, so Longmont doesn't have much so we'll expand the perimeter a bit.**

Step 1: Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Kat (Ontario, Canada)
Cheezy (London, England)
tafka PP (Jerusalem, Israel)
Liza ("Northern" Israel)
Beth (Dublin, Ireland)
Emily (San Francisco, CA, USA)
Diana (Longmont, CO, USA)

Step 2: List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

Ugh. So few choices out here.
One, Angkor South East Asian Cuisine. Our realtor took us here our first week in Longmont. We've been addicted since. They're also one of the few places that delivers--a BLESSING to new parents!!
Two, Stanley Hotel, Estes Park. This is the hotel where Stephen King stayed while he wrote The Shining. Lots of character and fun local cuisine--try the sampler tray of sausage (Buffalo, Wild Boar, Venison, Elk).
Three, Brown Palace in Denver. Fancy pants and lovely all around.
Four, Martini's Bistro. Voted best outdoor eating patio. Known for their desserts (try the Passionate:white chocolate mousse & passion fruit mousse with pistachio genoise) and cocktails. Not so great with the service....
Five, Dushanbe Tea House in Boulder. I posted about it here.

There are some fantastic places (so I hear) but I must admit we've not explored the culinary options here in CO.

Step 3: Tag 5 more people. Um, ok...Julie, Micaela (maybe Seattle since you just moved to CO??), Ashby, Brandi, and Karla.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Martini's Bistro sounds so good!! nothing beats a place with yummy dessert and cocktails!!! the atmosphese looks god too!!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

Anonymous said...

Angkor South East Asian Cuisine? What do they serve? The name itself sounds delicious enough.

I agree with Nicole, Martini Bistro sounds nice especially the white chocolate mousse. Oh.... HELP ME PLEASE!

Thanks for sharing nice stuff :) Lovely... Oh I still dream of the mousse

Karla said...

I guess I'm not smart, but I don't know what you want me to do. Am I suppose to blog about it? Let me know :) There are a TON of GREAT places to eat and I'd love to tell you about my favorites.

Teddy said...

Martini's is excellent and have never had a problem with service there..

But I'm here to suggest a new restaurant in Berthoud - just opened in December - WONDERFUL food and well worth the drive from Longmont. The name is Retro Bistro and they're located at 535 Third St., Berthoud, phone #970-532-4095.