Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Weekend Review: RV Trip

We arrived home from our weekend of RVing last night. And, as always with a trip, I took a million pictures.

Here we are taking off. Maggie has her dolly and a good view to all the trucks and cars that pass us by. And the rest of the gang. I spent a lot of time staring at people on the road. We were passed by a couple of very old ladies in the middle of Nebraska. They had an old fashioned heavy wooden rocking chair and a giant sombrero in the back seat. I cant' get them out of my head--what on earth were they doing and where were they going with such things? We brought lots of books to distract.
In Aurora we stopped by the McCarty grave plots. This is the headstone of Patrick's grandmother and grandfather.

After Aurora we drove to Omaha and stayed at a hotel on the river. Maggie really needed to run around even though it was rather cold and very windy.


While in the RV at gas stops Maggie simply HAD to be in the drivers seat.
In the hotel we entertained her with....wipes.



Maggie is developing a love of hats. Here she is after finding her dad's Ohio State hat (and his watch).

On our way home:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Karla said...

Looks like it was fun! Funny thing, I just took photos tonight of Natalie in the drivers seat of our car. She LOVES to be there pretending to drive and messing with the radio. I took the pictures so I could blog about it...so look forward to that! :) I'm glad you are home and safe. How many miles did you go? What else did you do? What was the purpose of the trip?

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Maggie holding her doll. She is such a good traveler. The RV looks nice and roomy. Who was the driver?