Saturday, October 13, 2007

Weekend Review: Dreary Rain and Cold

Am I the only one that can barely make it through the week?...we ordered pizza for dinner on Friday.

Saturday morning was a typical lazy weekend morning for us. Maggie is sitting on everything now.
We had a lot to do around the house so poor Maggie was trapped inside all day. She made the best of it of course...crawling where she's not supposed to be, rearranging the fridge every time I opened it, etc.
I didn't realize Patrick had been working with Maggie on what a rooster says but today she picked up the little rooster that belongs to our farm set, handed it to me and clearly said "cocka" (short for cock-a-doodle-do). That was a fun surprise. Patrick acted like he'd heard it before (which he probably had and just wanted me to feel like I'd caught the first time).
She also surprised us by learning the sign for "more" in one sitting. She wanted more grapes and I asked if she wanted more and did the sign--she copied and then continued to do it each time she wanted more grapes. I'd not tried any signs with her so I was super impressed with my little baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all....I LOVE your family picture! Second of all, I love that you are teaching her sign. Keep going with that. I think it is awesome. And third....Maggie can come rearrange my fridge any time!

Anonymous said...

I also love the family picture...how perfect!!!

Karla said...

Natalie signs "more" and just started doing it this past weekend, too! Crazy...it must be in the air! :)

Great family picture. Are you going to use if for your Christmas card?