Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mommy Book Group

My friend Marissa is hosting a mommy n me event: Book Group. The book she picked was one that Micaela had loaned me a few weeks earlier so it gave me a reason to start in. I finished it last night.
I had read Kite Runner last year (or was it the year before??) and really loved it but sometimes second books don't live up to the first one. This one did!! Can't WAIT to discuss. In fact, after crawling into bed last night I wanted to talk all about it to my exhausted husband who tried his best to respond to my constant babbling.
Very few books make me cry no matter involved I am. This one did. Several times. I think the last book that made me really cry was Poisonwood Bible and I read that too many years ago to count.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weren't we in book group together with Poisonwood Bible? Love that book.