Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Weekend Review: Mommy Milestone

This weekend was the first time I've left my baby overnight. I was really worried about it but, surprisingly, I had a relaxing time and didn't have an anxiety attack and race home.

Friday night was a quiet night at home. Maggie spent lots of time playing with her dad.

Saturday morning I had a mild melt down and asked Patrick to take a pic of us--as if this would be the last one ever. Then I hopped in the car and headed up to Granby for a night in the mountains with my mommy friends. My friend, Vicki, has a cabin in Granby and she graciously offered to host us for the weekend so we spent the time chatting, playing games, eating, etc. Here's a picture of us by a local lake after dinner. Pretty, huh?

I tried to take a picture of the beautiful mountains on my drive home Sunday. Not the smartest idea considering the road was very steep and windy but it was just so pristine--the light dusting of snow happened while we slept. Luckily I did not get in an accident.
When I got home Sunday afternoon Maggie seemed mildly pleased to see me but obviously wasn't concerned about my absence. Why would she when she had a great time with her dad?

He had her dressed in her Cleveland Browns onsie. Leave it to him to dig out the appropriate outfit for her.See the football on the bum?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute football bum. I'm so glad you went and had a good time.

Karla said...

Wow, I'm so envious! I'd love a little get-away like that! Mike's sister left her 5 1/2 month old baby this past weekend and didn't even flinch! I couldn't believe it! I don't think I could do that...even now would be hard. Congrats on enjoying yourself! Isn't it nice that we have hubbies we can trust to actually care for our babies...not just "watch" them!

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Yes, the fact that I left my babe with Patrick is the ONLY reason I was ok with going. We've only left Maggie with a babysitter once in her life and it was only for 1.5 hours and I worried myself sick.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana,

Glad you were able to get away. Patrick is such a great Dad. I bet you came back refreshed...in fact- I bet you are ready to hit Vegas for the weekend with me and the girls? *smile* I have so much to tell- will call soon!
Miss you.

Samantha