Monday, July 2, 2007

Weekend Review: City of Lyons

Friday night I finally got around to making one of the three recipes I'd been wanting to try: the hazelnut blondies. I blogged about that here. Yum.

Saturday we took the advice of our trusty Sunset Magazine and spent the day in neighboring town Lyons. We hit The Barking Dog for coffee and bottled water, went antiquing, ate at the Oskar Blues Bar & Grill, and did the Sculpture Trail. Patrick loved the cajun catfish at Oskars and I devoured my Gyro Platter. Actually, whole menu was packed with temptations. I thought the Sculpture Trail was fun (we only hit about 1/3 of all the art pieces) but Patrick said, "It's not art if I can do it". I found some fantastic pillows at the Rabbit Mountain Cottage Furnishings that I want badly.

Here's Maggie and Patrick taking a break in the shade.

This piece (can you see that it's bear heads?) happened to have the artist hanging around who took several pictures of Maggie admiring her work.

Maggie eating her peas at Oskars

After our little adventure in Lyons I took Maggie to pick out a portable DVD player for our trip to Utah. I have to keep her happy on the plane now that all she wants to do is explore, not sit on mom's lap.



Maggie spent Sunday practicing her walking--she's really getting it!

She also developed a temper when she handed us her DVD cases and expect us to "read" them to her (she didn't listen when we tried to explain they were not books). Finally Patrick gave in and "read" the cover, opened it up and "read", then turned it to the back and said, "the end". That seemed to do the trick.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi! I came across your blog and just wanted to say hello from one longmont mom to another. I'm a member of the Itty Bittys too but haven't made it to any events yet! I have two boys - 3 1/2 and almost 1. Anyway, I love to read local mom blogs so keep up the great work! :)

Ashby said...

She is so dang cute! I love the stage when they are first learning to walk.....the part where they run I am still trying to recover from! I haven't been able to catch up to Brooklyn yet, and I'm afraid Emma is close behind - YIKES! Enjoy those baby steps!

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Hi Nikki! So happy to have found you. I'll watch for you at local Itty Bitty events! Glad to have ya!

Karla said...

Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I hope your trip to UT goes well. Natalie wouldn't fall asleep even though she was exhausted...it was really difficult! Can't wait to see you though!