Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Review: Birthday Celebration

Friday we hit the pool. I really want to get a shot of Maggie (and maybe even me) actually in the water having fun but that's hard to get when I usually go with other mommies who have their hands full too.


Saturday night I headed over to a friends home to babysit while she and her husband went on a date. It was nice. I brought a book and my knitting and just hung out. Peaceful.

Although Patrick's birthday is not til Tuesday, we celebrated on Sunday. He has a special meal he likes to prepare himself so all I ever have to do is buy the ingredients--I always feel guilty about this. He makes his BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, and salad. He also has a special cake he likes--angel food cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream.





1 comment:

Karla said...

Wow, to hang out, read a book, and relax while you babysit is awesome! I wish I had experiences like that when I babysat as a teenager. Wish Patrick a happy b-day from me! Also, I received your present in the mail...I can hardly hold myself back from opening it!