Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Park in the Heat

It's been so hot lately that I've neglected my daughter's need to run around and play. I felt guilty yesterday afternoon so at 4pm we headed to the only park I know with bigger trees (shade). It was still way too hot but she had a great time.
She's also learned to tease and taunt me. She would take handfuls of sand, open her mouth, and pretend to put it in her mouth. I'd say, "nooooo....." and she'd put it down. She finally decided to follow through and below is the picture of the mud on her face from eating it.

2 comments:

Karla said...

At least you have a park to go to with big trees. The "big" trees here do not provide the shade required to enjoy the day outside. However, today is overcast and rainy, so the temp. is cooler, but it's WAY humid. I think we brave the elements and enjoy the outdoors anyway.

Anonymous said...

What a gal, that Maggie. She is already going up the slide. I think the sand at the beach is more nutritious than park sand. Let her eat all she wants in Florida.