Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

This year we were lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa come to Colorado to spend the holiday with us! The girls were so happy about it and they loved all the attention.
Grandma crafted with them:

Christmas Eve gift opening. It was always a tradition in my family to open one gift on Christmas Eve and it was always pajamas.

Modeling the new jammies:
Santa doesn't need ALL the cookies we made for him, right??
Christmas morning:




One of Caroline's gifts from Santa was a Belle dress-up:
Maggie got a new leotard for gymnastics:
I'm kicking myself for being so lazy with the camera this year. I had a very laid back and relaxing holiday and because of that I kind of forgot to document things! And, to make matters worse, the few picture I did take were with my cell phone so the quality is low.
Christmas really was great! We ate well, relaxed a ton, the kids entertained us, etc. I even got a hands on lesson from my mother-in-law on her bread making.
New Years was uneventful--young kids can really put a damper on your desire to celebrate anything after about 9pm. We went to bed early like any other day. As much as I enjoy the festivities and fun associated with the holiday season I also really love starting new goals, getting back to a family rhythm, and focusing on the clean year ahead. Here's to 2012!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

Those girlies modeling their pjs is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!