Monday, January 5, 2009

Our Little Pre-Christmas

Most of Maggie's Christmas gifts this year were on the larger size and I wasn't about to haul them all to Utah. We decided to have a pre-Christmas at home (since this is really the last year she'll not get how weird that is--Santa logistics and all).
Her big gifts were a doll house (only a few bits of furniture/interior remain in tact from my childhood), a cupboard with (new) toy food, and a doll in a cradle. Aside from the plastic food and some new dollhouse furniture all the toys have been through my family and then some. I have SO many memories with these exact toys. I'm thrilled she loved them all.

It was so nice and mellow. We fixed a yummy breakfast and just hung out as a family. We ran across the Wizard of Oz on tv and Maggie was transfixed! We hit the record button on our DVR and have watched the movie some hundred times since (seriously). She's not at all scared by the witch or anything and actually gets excited when she knows she's going to appear.

4 comments:

ZDub said...

Maggie scored! I love it all!

I just gave away that exact set of play food (minus some that were MIA). Zoe played with it for about 5 years.

Ashby said...

I love those vintage toys! What a great pre-Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I think Maggie sits in the most perfect way to watch Wizard of Oz.

Karla said...

I remember those toys in that room just off the kitchen. ("That room", what was that room?) How fun to have them again.