Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weekend Review: Birthday BBQ

We had a pretty nice weekend! Maggie and I spent most of Saturday at the local park. We hit the water jets, the sand, the swings, and the slides. She liked the swings most of all. I was way tired (and hot) and kept asking if she wanted to go home. Her response was, "no. no home". I'd respond with, "no home?" and she'd say, "'kay"

The above pic is worth clicking on so you can get a good look at her expression close up.

Sunday we had a small BBQ to celebrate Maggie's birthday. Does it seem like this year the birthday festivities just keep on going? So do we! Maggie has taken to singing Happy Birthday to herself daily.

Our neighbors gave Maggie some bubbles (which she adored). Leah helped her open them. Leah also read to the kids. Gosh, she was fun--and helpful!

It was nearly impossible to get all kids in one shot so I just snapped randomly. Below is Owen, Addy, Keirsten, and Maggie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weren't kidding when you said that it might be worth clicking on. That is the cutest expression ever. Please e-mail me a copy of that one.

Cute gathering of little friends. Lots of fun for everyone.

Karla said...

Week long birthday's are the best! :) I love her expressions - and shorts! ;) I wish we were closer so Natalie could be one of the kiddos playing at the b-day party....