Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Review: Farm Fun & Fathers Day

Oh what a crazy, busy weekend we had! Friday my friend Julie and I made some way too yummy cupcakes. Recipe HERE. I also had to do some emergency babysitting for little Owen. Everyone played very well together. For a good while all of them sat at the little table and colored. I'm pretty sure it was Maggie who covered the boys with marker. Good thing they were the non-toxic washable variety! The whole day was wildly busy, loud, and fun!

Saturday morning Maggie gave Orange Tebby Dare a ride while her parents packed up for the big Sunflower Farm trip!

We spent the morning at Sunflower Farm for their Kids Fun Fest and boy was it F-U-N. I'm pretty sure Patrick and I enjoyed it just as much or more than Maggie did. We were jumping around snapping pictures and making her play with, and look at, every single thing.

We saw pigs, chickens, cows, sheep, horses, goats, llamas, ponies, ducks, I think a turkey, turtles. We played on trikes, swings, tractors, sandboxes, tree houses, etc...phew! The only way to show all the cute pics is by slideshow.





After the farm we headed over to Two Dog Diner in Prospect for some food. We all agreed the food was great (Maggie did so by eating almost everything in front of her). Nap time started in the car on the way home.

After her nap I thought we'd hit the park and get wet in the water jets but they were turned off. Maggie was sad so I brought her home for some backyard fun.

Sunday was nice and relaxing. Maggie, who rarely lets me clean ran around the kitchen playing and yelling "mommy cleans" while I did my thing. Patrick made his famous BBQ chicken with corn on the cob (a new favorite of Maggie's--so funny to see her eat off the cob). I topped my day off by watching Patrick and Maggie have a pillow fight and giving my dad a call. It was a really nice Fathers Day.




3 comments:

ZDub said...

How fun. I love me some Maggie.

I really just want you to post about "Tebby Dare" all the time. That KILLS me!

Did you sign up for isuwanee's swap? I did and I have never done it before. Should be fun.

Karla said...

Okay, how much did Maggie LOVE riding the horse and that huge swing?! It looks like you guys had a blast! I love it when Mike and I get to actually just PLAY with Natalie instead of spending the day "taking care of her". What a difference it makes in the life of being a parent. :) Next time we come to visit, I want to go there for sure!

Emily S. said...

Wow - that looks like a blast of a weekend! My kind! I shared some of my recipes now you (and Patrick) need to share some of yours :-)