Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Review: Party Time

Friday night we went to our friends Julie and David's house for game night. Julie's parents are in town so we were lucky to spend time with them. We ate a yummy meal and we learned how to play Canasta. It was a really great time--and guess who didn't take a picture! I did, however, manage to capture her lunch of all things. She took her cubes of cheddar and lined them neatly on the table before eating anything. Notice her new trains--Thomas and Percy. They join her beloved James (not pictured). You can hear choo-choo all the time in our house.


We also went to Costco and I caved on a Thomas and His Friends book and got all giddy over a treadmill. I obsessed all day about it.


Saturday my lovely husband dragged his sick behind out of the house to buy me that treadmill. It was a great deal and I'm so excited for him to set it up! I bought the Nordic Trac Commercial 1500 which according to TreadmillDoctor.com is the best out there for under $1,000. The box was so big we had to take Patrick's big truck to pick it up. Maggie loved it! She kept saying, "daddy's truck, BIIIIIG truck" the whole time.




After that we just veged at home.


After church on Sunday I realized that we desperately had to do laundry. Maggie zeroed in on one of my bras, put it around her neck and proudly claimed, "mama's boobs".

After I took my bra back we went to our friend Alex's 2nd birthday party. Lots of fun for all of us. It was a nice day so we spent a little time outside. Maggie is giving our friend Mike a ball. His twins, Kierstin and Julie are to the right. Luke and his dad and Alex are in the background.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to try out the new treadmill! I'm a huge fan of treadmills.

Anonymous said...

She looks so content on the kitchen floor. Nice bra! And congrats on your new ownership of a treadmill. I'll have to try it out when I come.

Emily S. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend - glad to hear you are out and about. Congrats on the daycare working out! I am jealous of your treadmill...

Karla said...

Nice weekend! We're so boring around here. Not much going on but playing outside on the tramp - I've gotta get as much outside time while I can before it's too hot!

Love the OCD with the cheese. :)