Sunday, November 29, 2009

Things I Want Recorded

Maggie: "Mommy, I don't have fuzzies under my arms like Daddy does."

Caroline is loving the solid food (if you can call near liquid baby cereal solid). She gets really mad if I take too long between spoonfuls. She's also extremely picky. I have to put a tiny bit on her lips, she tastes it, and then decides weather to open up. It's hilarious!

Maggie: "See the glitter right here? That's where all the fun comes from."

Sept 25th Caroline officially rolls over on her own (front to back). She's done it by accident several times and also done it many times with a small push but never on her own/on purpose.

Maggie kneels down next to Caroline and in a high pitched voice says, "roll over, roll over honey, roll over. It's ok.... Caroline you're driving me nuts. Mommy, Caroline is driving me wild".

Maggie: Mommy, it's ok to put snot on your shirt.

Maggie to Caroline: "If you throw your toys again I'll take them away" (with finger pointed). It's always odd to hear you child mimic things you say to them.
Caroline: (throws toys of course)
Maggie: "Ok, they're gone. (Gives her the exact warning expression I use). No more toys for you. Mommy, she lost her toys for the day."

Patrick bought a Mt Rushmore t-shirt while visiting South Dakota. The first time he wore it Maggie looked and him and said, "Look Daddy! You're wearing the United States!".

Maggie: "Can I have my Cindarella dress that helps me get crazy?"

Maggie is a fast learner: I opened a bag of candy corn and she held out her hand for some. I asked her age and in response to her "three" I gave her three candy corn. She came back a short time later and held out her hand again. I asked her how old she was and she said, "Four".

Maggie asked her dad for a toy she saw on a commercial and he responded with, "do you have any money?" to which she said, "Mommy does".

"Daddy, can you put Caroline on the ground so I can be a giant Cinderella?"

Found Maggie tickling Caroline with her feet--just like Grampy had done to her while visiting.

Maggie, show daddy your scary monster dance. No, it's too scary for him (and crosses her legs).

While changing Caroline's diaper, Maggie came up and pinched her naked bum and said, "pinchy pinch-pinch, pinchy pinch-pinch".

I bought a new shirt. I put it on the other day and when Maggie saw me she got a very serious look on her face and said, "Mommy, why are you wearing that?". I haven't worn it since.

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

I love that you record these things and share them with the rest of us. They are so sweet and charming. It really gives me a peek into their personalities. And makes me wish I would have written down more of what my kids said.

ZDub said...

So sweet!

Sorry she put the smack down on your shirt. :)