Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hungry Hippos and an Owl

I've been meaning to buy Hungry, Hungry Hippos for a while. So glad I did. Mags loves it!


And the owl.....the owl, the owl, the owl. I've been knitting an owl for a while (it's SO hard with little ones running around!). I had originally started knitting it for Caroline's crib. But as I began to sew him together it became clear that my constant cheerleader throughout the project would have to be the final owner--Maggie. She watched each step, asked what part of the owl it was, said "good job Mommy!" a lot. It just seemed like it was hers.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE the owl!!! I agree. It is obvious that Maggie deserves and appreciates the owl. SWEET!

Emily S. said...

You made that?! It's adorable!

Karla said...

Oh my, that owl is adorable! You are an amazing knitter. I'm very impressed. Makes me wish I stuck with knitting - but when you're just not good, it's hard to keep up the interest.

Side note, I bought Hungry Hungry Hippos for Natalie a few weeks ago (what a coincidence) and she loves it, too...especially when you let her win. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zakary said...

You need to knit a bunch of those owls and put them on etsy. You know, in your free time. :)

It's very cute!