Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Review: Denver Fun

Friday night we actually went on a date! Dinner and a movie. The first time we'd been to a movie since having Maggie--she's almost THREE!! Predictable, but good. Taken.

I did some knitting (this pregnancy has been insane with the whole nesting phase. I've been knitting a lot lately). I think I'll put a ribbon through the hat--in the ribbing, through the eyelets.

We also spent some time in Denver as a family. That was fun.


And I made these coconut cupcakes from Martha Stewart. These were way good. I highly recommend these. This was my first time making Seven Minute Icing although I grew up on it. My dad is the master of Seven Minute Icing. After I finished making it and frosting the cupcakes I turned to Patrick and said, "My dad would be SO proud!".


4 comments:

Karla said...

Absolutely adorable booties and hat! And that cupcake looks divine!

Emily S. said...

I love that you are trying all these new cupcake recipes! From scratch. So impressive. Congrats on your date! Sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the knitting! And yes, Dad would be proud. Those cupcakes look so yummy.

Janny said...

You are an amaizing knitter, First glance at the booties and hat and then the post mentioning your day in Denver I thought you picked them up at a boutique or something. I have tried to learn to knit twice now but I just can't seem to get it, not my thing I guess.