Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines Weekend

We had a really nice Valentines weekend. Since our babysitter was booked 6 weeks in advance we are going on a date another time. We spent the weekend as a family just enjoying the calm.

Saturday night Patrick (and Maggie) made homemade pizza. I had thick crust, a creamy pesto sauce with feta and fresh tomato toppings. Oh, man was it good! Maggie went through two outfits "helping" her daddy with the preperations.

I made these peanut butter and jelly cupcakes from Martha Stewart. Um, the cupcake itself was WAY yummy but the frosting was icky. Good thing I only frosted 3--the rest are all good for eating.

Patrick gave me roses, a big Valentines balloon, card, and the indulgence of some celebrity trash magazines. Good stuff.

More pictures of us 3 (4). Way into pulling faces aren't we Maggie? In this picture I'm 28 weeks. Figured I might as well throw in some pregnancy update:

gaining lots of weight

baby is kicking like crazy and keeping me up at night.

Maggie is starting to talk about baby sister and has even stopped calling the guest bedroom "grammy's room"--it only took a coat of paint and a crib set up in there!
This one, just like the last one, likes to hang out under my ribs on the right hand side. I'm mostly lopsided and in constant pain from it. Maybe my uterus is lopsided...
My belly button finally popped. It never did the first time--it stayed an inny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That homemade pizza idea is really causing my stomach to roar.

I appreciate that Madge carries her purse while making pizza dough.

Darling photos, as usual.

ZDub said...

I thought about making those cupcakes too, but it sounds like I don't need to! Ick on the frosting.

You look really good. I can't believe you are 28 weeks already!