Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pixie Skate

A skating rink in Denver hosts Pixie Skate for kids 2-6. I made big plans to take Maggie down for some skating. They key the skates so that it's more like walking than rolling. She was so excited...until the skates were actually on her feet. I walked her out to the circle of kids doing the hokey pokey. Her eyes were huge. I tried to slowly back up.



I walked back out a few seconds later, and with her huge eyes, she looked up at me and said, "All done, Mommy". And that was it. She was scared and no amount of convincing was going to change her mind. I was bummed.



She immediately had me remove the skates, asked for her treat, then wanted to leave. I was so glad we drove almost an hour for that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you enlarge the photo, you can really see the scared expression. Pixie skate. What a cute name!

I'm proud of Madge for not bowing down to peer pressure. She's so smart, and so herself.

Tiffany said...

Ah, poor thing. Keep trying! I was having major flashbacks looking at the pics. I skated there when I was little (2 - 4th grade) it hasn't changed much!

ZDub said...

This exact scenario happened when I took Zoe ice skating for the first time when she was Maggie's age. It cost me almost $40 and she lasted about 3 minutes!