Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ellens Visit

Oh, it was so very nice to have my sister Ellen come to visit us! I did my best to show her a good time. We ate a lot (apparently eating is what I classify as most fun), we talked a lot, laughed a lot, and generally enjoyed our time together.
Maggie was demanding of Ellen's attention.

On Saturday we made the drive up to Estes Park to show Ellen the "moutnains" and stumbled upon the Scottish Festival! Ellen has wanted to attend the festival for years and we just happened to pick this date to see Estes. It was LOADS of fun.



We listened to good music (you can't really tell in the picture but the band are all wearing their kilts). Maggie danced like crazy once Patrick put her down.


There were lots of bag pipe bands and such. Super cool.

We saw some dance competitions.

We saw and heard so much more but most of my pictures didn't really turn out. Bummer. Here are some pics I found out in cyberspace to give you a better idea of what we did.

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

That sounds like a blast! I love bagpipes and stuff like that. How lucky you were!

Anonymous said...

Fun times! How funny that you just stumbled upon the festival. Don't you love it when good things just...happen?

Karla said...

It looks like you had a great time with Ellen. I'm jealous that you are wearing warm looking clothes! I can't wait for that!!!