Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend Review: Lots of Family Time

We had family time on Saturday and went down to Boulder's Pearl Street Mall. We ate at Cheesecake Factory and just meandered along the street. We stopped to play at the kids area, a balloon for Maggie, and to get some chocolate at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Maggie was so mesmerized by the street performers that she walked right into a flower bed and fell over into it. I know it scared her but it was very funny as well. I did my best not to laugh at her.

When we got home she wanted her balloon tied to her tricycle. Notice we finally bought the handle attachment and she LOVES being pushed around in that thing. Such a good buy!

Sunday was rough. Between daylight savings and Maggie freaking out at nursery it was a frustration. She's never wigged at nursery so now I'm sure its daycare/separation anxiety we're dealing with. I'm thrilled she's so connected to her parents but it does make it difficult when we absolutely NEED a break from her. She did recover from the trauma and chose to eat lunch with one mitten on.

Sunday afternoon we did Easter egg decorating. My, did I underestimate the mess a little glitter would make. Patrick and my eggs require a couple of days for finishing touches so I'll post the end result later this week. Because we'll be apart for Easter we'll be doing our egg hunt and Maggie's Easter basket next weekend. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

That sounds like a fun Saturday! So nice to be outside I bet. I can't wait to see your Easter eggs!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome child - eating with one mitten on. I'll have to try that....leaving one clean, germ-free hand. Tell her to watch out for planter boxes, will ya.