Friday, March 28, 2008

Outdoor Toys

After a couple of really great weather days I committed to drive the 45 minutes to the nearest Toys R Us for some outdoor toys. Watching Maggie run around in a bare, unlandscaped yard is just too sad.
First is a picture of Maggie riding a coin operated toy in the store entrance. She was really funny about it--very animated and playing around until I put the coins in. Then she got quiet, big-eyed and serious about the drivin'. She begged "again" so we did it two more times (as many quarters as I had on me).

The box the slide came in was a huge hit.


Unfortunately, the weather went south so we set up shop (partly) in the house. She quickly figured out every possible variation of how to go down the slide including the inevitable falling down it.



We also bought this sandbox that's waiting for the weekend to be placed outside and filled with sand. She stares and points at it in the garage every time we get in or out of the car.


We also picked up a couple of outdoor chairs for Maggie and a friend to chill in the backyard. A much cheaper version of this in red.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a large slide! She is such a big girl now. I'm sure she will love the sandbox.

ZDub said...

How fun for her! Zoe used to strip down when she was Maggie's age to get in her sandbox. I'm not sure why, but I wouldn't recommend it!

Karla said...

The slide looks so cool! Natalie LOVES slides and I was seriously going to get one this week...now I know which one I want!